Terms and Conditions(Online Sales)
- These Terms and conditions apply to all orders placed online at Reading-Bedding.co.uk and over the telephone. By placing an order with Reading Bedding you are accepting to abide by these conditions. Please read them carefully and contact our Customer Service team if you have any questions.
- If you do not wish to comply with these terms and conditions, then you should not place an order and enter into a contract with Reading Bedding.
- Please note that these terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- Reading Bedding is a Trading Name of CHF Retail Ltd, our registered office is : Fiveways, 57-59 Hatfield Road, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 HS
2. Orders. Making a contract with us
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. If we accept your order we will e-mail you again to confirm a contract has been made between us. If there are any errors on your Email confirmation you must inform us as soon as possible for these to be rectified.
- All orders are subject to acceptance. All details supplied to Reading Bedding must be true and accurate.
- If there are any problems with your order we aim to contact you as soon as we can.
- All Images displayed are indications of the product, some items may have small variations in ticking and colour.
- To place an order with us please follow the step by step guide on our website or contact out sales team who will assist you or place the order over the telephone.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
- In the event that any product is displayed with an inaccurate price we have the right to withdraw and cancel the order prior to a contract being made (please see section 2.1 for order contract information).
- Any errors that have been made in the description of our products will be rectified as soon as possible.
4. Price and Payment
- Prices displayed on our website are inclusive of VAT.
- The total price payable, for all items ordered, will be debited, from the account provided, at the time that the order is placed, once a contract has been made (see section 2.1 for order contract information).
- We can only accept payments from U.K registered accounts.
- We accept most major credit/debit cards including Visa, Delta, MasterCard and Switch.
- All billing information given must match those held by the bank that issues the card that you are paying with. Failure to supply the correct information may lead to a delay or cancellation of your order. Your order will only be processed once the payment has been authorised.
5. Availability of Goods
- All products and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Any goods that we are unable to supply will be refunded in full or the monies can be used for an alternative product.
- Any items that are not in stock have a lead time. This lead time is an ESTIMATED time supplied to us by the manufacturer of the goods. The manufacturer aim to supply us with the goods within this time; however this is not always possible. Where there are delays we aim to notify you as soon as we are informed.
6. Made to measure items
- These are goods that are not stock items and are made to your specific requirements, e.g. special sizes or items that are made to non standard specifications. It is important that you are happy with the items that you are purchasing as they are non returnable and non refundable.
- Once the items have been made and/or dispatched to us you will then be unable to cancel this order and will not be entitled to any refund
- Please check over your items to ensure that they look to be intact before signing for them.
- Notifications of claims â€“ If your goods are damaged when you receive them, please note on the delivery sheet. Please contact Customer Services who will be happy to rectify this problem as soon as possible.
- If you do sign for goods and later discover them to be damaged, please contact customer services as soon as possible and be aware that we may require photographic evidence of the damage before action can be taken.
- Shortages â€“ It is your responsibility to sign for the correct number of packages shown on the delivery sheet, please note any shortages and contact Customer Services. Incorrect items â€“ Please refuse any incorrect items and mark the delivery sheet as incorrect items. Please contact Customer Services.
- Please note that dispatch will not take place if you have not received an order confirmation email.
- Please ensure that your property is directly accessible to a vehicle which is approximately the size of a fire engine. If there is no direct access for our delivery drivers, or the access is restricted for parking, the delivery may not be made and you will be responsible for the associated carriage charges.
- Reading Bedding cannot cover any losses arising from incomplete or damaged deliveries.
- We deliver most goods to these areas using our own vehicles and our dedicated dispatch team. A driver and drivers mate will take the items to the room of choice. Please ensure that any breakables are stored away.
- Saturday deliveries are of limited availability and are available in selected areas only.
- Frames and furniture are flat packed and require self assembly, unless otherwise stated .
- All of the items are delivered by TWO MAN TEAMS. Your goods can be placed in your room of choice.
- If you require the driver to call you 1 hour before delivery please request this when placing your order
8. Failed delivery attempt
- PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF YOUR EXISTING ITEMS UNTIL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR ORDER FROM US. There are rare occasions where we may be unable to make the delivery to you on the agreed date, as such we do not advise that you dispose of any of the items that you are replacing until you have received and checked your items from us.
- Although at Reading Bedding we always strive to deliver within the agreed dates and times, we do occasionally come up against problems that can make this impossible. In the event that we are unable to make the delivery on the selected date, we will contact you as soon as we can to advise you and make alternative arrangements. Please be aware that, where we use a carrier, we are not always able to control the delivery process and have to rely on the information that we are given. Please be patient with us and we will do our very best to assist you.
- If you have supplied incorrect delivery details we will do our best to get your items to you as soon as possible (once we have the correct information). However there will be a charge for this (see section 9).
- Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any losses arising from a late or failed delivery.
9. Amending deliveries
- Amendments to date/addresses before the item has been dispatched from us Free
- Amendments to date/addresses after a delivery attempt has been made - Â£30 (this may affect the delivery date)
- Failed delivery attempts, due to no one being at the property - Â£30 to reattempt (not guaranteed same day.
- Failed delivery attempts, due to customer supplying incorrect information - Â£30 to reattempt (not guaranteed same day.
- We recommend that there is a responsible adult to take delivery of any goods and to sign for these goods on delivery. If you require the goods to be left without a signature,Reading Bedding will not be held responsible for any theft or weather damage of your goods. The goods will be left at your own risk and will only be left if there is a signed and dated note, with the customerâ€™s permission, for the driver to take. We do not recommend that your goods are left outside, due to threat of weather damage or theft.
- Once delivery has been made it is the customers responsibility to take reasonable care of the items.
11. Fautly items
- If your item develops a fault we will deal with your complaint in accordance with your rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979. You will also be supplied with a warranty/guarantee, which is in addition to your statutory rights.
- Please check over your goods on delivery to ensure that the packing is intact and all items appear to be in good condition before you sign for them. If you find your goods to be faulty, damaged or incorrect please refuse the items and contact Customer Services as soon as possible. If you find that your goods are damaged after you have taken delivery please notify us as soon as possible. We ask that you inspect your goods within a reasonable time scale and prior to them being transported anywhere else.
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any other reason (excluding manufacturing faults or misdescribed products) and report this, in writing, within 7 working days, from the date of delivery, you will be given the option to return the product to us for a refund or exchange. You must ensure that the goods are adequately packed and it is your responsibility to return the product to us and to cover any associated costs of return (please include your reference number and name on any returns). If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will seek to recover the reduction in value from you. This policy does not affect your legal rights. This policy excludes made to measure items (items made to the consumerâ€™s specification) (see section 6).
- Our warehouse is open for returns Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, please note that no deliveries into Reading Bedding can be accepted at any other time. Reading Bedding cannot be held responsible for failed deliveries made outside of this time or losses/damage made by your carrier.
- Once we have received the goods we will inform you and arrange for a refund or exchange. Please note; refunds may take up to 14 days to process.
- If you are unable to arrange your own carriage we will arrange this on your behalf through our carriers. Collections from customers are available Monday to Friday and are an all day service 8am to 6pm.This service costs Â£55.The drivers cannot call before collection and we cannot provide a narrower time window.
- Should you wish to cancel your order or return your goods due to a manufacturing fault, once the fault has been confirmed, we will be happy to carry the associated carriage costs and make the necessary arrangements.
- All the over terms apply to onilne orders only, please ask in store for Terms and conditions which apply to in store purchases.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- When you shop on this website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card details or other payment information. We may also collect, and our third party providers may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website.
- We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any user information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical purposes to improve this website and its services to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent (and you impliedly consent if you purchase our products on-line using our website), to notify you by e-mail of similar products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties who will help process your order. We require all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable United Kingdom data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your personal information to any company outside of Reading Bedding.co.uk for mailing or marketing purposes.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and/or user information we are entitled to do so.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
You are in control of any personal information you provide to us on-line. If any of the personal information that you have provided to Reading Bedding.co.uk changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, please e-mail us your correct details.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
enclosing your postal details and a cheque for Â£10 payable to â€˜Reading Bedding Limitedâ€™
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.